Aloha!

Aloha!
A fabulous beach on Oahu, Hawaii. I wish I was there now...

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Reflection for week 7

Big Question: What impact does Web 2.0 have on teaching and learning? Over the last couple weeks with in-class discussions and readings and my own “googling” of Web 2.0, I think I have a better grasp on it. Overall, I see Web 2.0 offering more dynamic website experiences, allowing end-users to have an impact on how they view and interact with websites, blogs, wikis, etc., and promoting collaboration between people. Additionally, people do not have to have extensive expertise in technology to “do” or “use” Web 2.0 technologies. I can also see why people are drawn to popular media such as Youtube, My Space, and Facebook because they are learning how to communicate and network with others, which in turn helps them to create and join social communities. People are now becoming more interactive versus passive users of web technologies, which in the end allows them to form what and how they teach and learn.

No comments: